Eight graduate students from Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota travelled to Bogota, Colombia to participate in the International Summer Academy at Universidad de La Salle-Bogota from June 10-21st, 2019. The students participated in a course on international perspectives of education and language teaching led by M.A. in ESL Program Director, Dr. Shannon Tanghe. The experience included spending mornings co-teaching English in Lasallian elementary, middle and high school classrooms and afternoons studying with fellow educators from Colombia and Barbados. Participating SMUMN graduate students were Noelle Frost, Megan Gelhar, Tyler Hansen, Emmanuel Bayo Ifonlaja, Kelsey Johnikin, Izaskun Lejarcegui Orbe, TeriAnne Lott and Goly Yang.
- Alumna shares passion for teaching through leadership
- Saint Mary’s awarded $187,926 grant to fund Scholarships for diverse teacher licensure students
- New Interpretation of the Position of “Dean”
- Saint Mary’s ESL Graduate Students Participate in Bogota, Colombia Educational Experience
- M.A. in Education is Now Fully Online